Starbucks, Fullers and more joining Sainsbury's at Royal Wharf?
An eagle-eyed user in the Royal Wharf News Forum spotted a (seemingly) new website, advertising commercial and retail space in the Royal Wharf development. The website, seemingly owned by Ballymore, includes a substantial amount of information regarding the available units at the development, and suggests some previously unannounced companies may be setting up shop in the development. In addition to the previously announced Sainsbury's and Johns & Co Estate Agents, it appears both Starbucks and Fullers will be opening at the development.
The Royal Wharf Retail website lists a total of 46 units, of which 11 are listed as "Under Offer / Let". These include:
- Unknown tenants who will occupy units 1.04 and 1.05 - two 750 sq ft offices.
- Johns & Co Estate Agents who will occupy unit 2.01 a 1,800 sq ft office in the northeast corner of the Anchor Building (Mercier Court).
- Unknown tenants who will occupy unit 2.03 - a 3,200 sq ft first floor office located in the Anchor Building (Mercier Court). The website appears to indicate that the NHS will occupy 2.03 (in addition to 2.04 below), presumably to open a doctors surgery on site.
- Unknown tenants who will occupy unit 2.04 - a 4,100 sq ft unit located in the Anchor Building (Mercier Court). The website appears to indicate that the NHS will occupy 2.04 (in addition to 2.03 above), presumably to open a doctors surgery on site.
- Unknown tenants who will occupy unit 3.05 - a 750 sq ft office.
- Life Residential Estate Agents who will occupy unit 5.02 - a 3,100 sq ft retail unit located in the Admiralty Building (Masthead House) on Thames Street.
- Sainsbury's who will occupy unit 5.04 - a 3,900 sq ft retail unit located in the the Admiralty Building (Masthead House) on Thames Street.
- Starbucks, who will occupy unit 6.01 - a 1,800 sq ft retail unit located in the Meridian Building (Corsair House) close to Pontoon Dock DLR station.
- Fullers, who will occupy unit 7.01 - a 3,000 sq ft retail unit located in Barrier House (Summerston House).
- Unknown tenants who will occupy unit 16.01 - a 2,700 sq ft office located in Thameside House (Fairwater House).
As some of these are listed as "under offer", it shouldn't he assumed that the companies will move into the development until it's been confirmed by Royal Wharf or Ballymore.
However, interestingly, Royal Wharf News did a bit of digging, and found an Instagram post of a photo of (what appears to be) the retail space at the bottom of Barrier House (Summerston House), with the caption "looked at an exciting new project for fullers today..." The poster, Simon Jones, runs an interior design company which focuses on Pubs.
The website also includes a link to a brochure for the commercial units.
While Starbucks may not be everyone's cup of tea(!), it's good to see that Ballymore are able to attract retailers of their stature to the development.